Practical and Realistic Weight Control Tips
Losing weight is easier said than done, but knowing what to do is just as important as knowing how to get it done. Now although going to the gym regularly or engaging in sports are both good and helpful ideas for weight control, they may be unrealistic to do if you find yourself spending at least eight of your waking hours at work.
Another option is to get that unusual diet that promises you a quick way to lose weight but the problem with that is that it may be difficult for you to maintain your weight. Seriously, it is very difficult to enjoy oneís personal weight-loss campaign if it means you cannot eat the food you love. Chances are, youíll be feeling grumpier and more stressed than ever, and eventually you would end up eating more.
So how exactly can you lose weight the realistic and non-stressful way? Here are some tips to start with:
1. Dance. Every morning, get that lively music playing on your ipod and dance to the tunes. You may not have a visually appealing choreography but what matters is that you burn some calories by moving about. If you find yourself a graceful dancer, why not develop your talent and get yourself some hip-hop dance, jazz or ballroom lessons later on?
2. Exercise at home - right in your very room. You do not even have to get out of the house. In your own room do some stretching exercises by reaching for your toes or by trying to reach for the ceiling. Here are a couple of no-hassle exercises which you can try to do:
a. Sit-ups. Do thirty to sixty sets and feel a tinge of pain in your stomach. Now thatís just normal and that also gives you an impression that what youíre doing actually works. Measure your waistline over the weeks and see your progress.
b. Basic Leg Stretch. Sit on the floor with your legs apart and use your hands to reach for your toes. Remember to keep your legs flat and refrain them from moving.
c. Lunges. Stand with your feet apart and step forward with your left foot. Bend it slightly to reach a 90-degree angle and stretch. Do the same for your other leg.
d. Plank. Lie on your stomach and place your elbows in front of you on the floor. Raise your body up with your toes until your body straightens looking like a plank. Hold for 15-20 counts and repeat.
3. Play games. Not desktop computer games of course, but games that encourage movement. Donít ever think about how children get to be more fit even when they eat a lot? Thatís because they are engaged in many physical activities, and so should you. Get that hoola hoop or jump rope ready and play with it to your heartís desire. If youíre all into virtual stuff, try the Nintendo Wii.
4. Ride a bike. This is a relaxing activity. Go to the park or stroll around the neighborhood with your bike. Do it at least three times every week.
5. Learn self-defense. Now this is not only going to help you with weight control, this will also help you protect yourself. Go for basic taekwondo or karate classes. Krav Maga is also a new type of self-defense that is said to have come from Israel. You might be interested to learn this useful hand to hand combat system as well.
6. Stick to fruits and vegetables. If you have vegan or vegetarian friends then youíll see who holds the secret to staying thin. Vegetables contain fiber that clean up your digestive system, and fruits can also keep your skin well-moisturized. Fruits and vegetables do not only promote weight-loss but also promote good health and good looks.
7. Drink lots of water. The body is 70% water, youíve probably heard. Water is one of the most excellent health elixirs that come at a low cost. It aids in healthy weight-loss because when you drink lots of water, youíre unlikely to feel hungry so you wonít find yourself eating too much.
8. Get enough sleep, better yet - sleep early. When you stay up late, it becomes tempting to have mid-night snacks which mostly consist of junk foods and chocolates. Donít party too much and avoid alcohol. This by itself is going to give you great results.
9. Avoid flavored drinks. If youíre tried of drinking water, try green tea or natural orange juice. Break the habit of drinking sodas and replace them with a cup of warm tea for a healthier and a more weight control consistent practice.
|Posted on January 10, 2011, 2:24 pm|
|Posted on January 10, 2011, 2:31 pm|