Self-Pampering Ideas for Girls with Style
If you have been working all week, chances are youíre now stressed and messed up. Feeling this way is not beneficial for your overall health and satisfaction so take some time to relax and pamper yourself with style. As a general rule, make it a point to rest on weekends whenever possible. Get yourself some "me" time and engage in activities that will help you feel better about yourself. After all, you deserve some pampering after working very hard.
There are many things you can do to get rid of your stress, and here are some ideas to help you out:
1. Read a book. Reading enhances your vocabulary; it also gives you more ideas and lets you enjoy your time. It exercises your brain as it stimulates your thought. When was the last time you enjoyed reading so much that you stayed up all night just to finish it? If you get some time off from work, get some of that leisure time dedicated to pleasurable reading.
2. Go to the movies. Sure, romantic movies may not be your type if youíre not in love just yet, but look, some comedy films and adventure movies are going to be enjoyable for anyone. Get your friend or sister to watch that movie with you and have coffee at the shop afterwards.
3. Get yourself a nature trip. Nature has a wonderful way of healing and relaxing people. If you can, leave this world a legacy by planting a tree. Go to the park with a notebook and a pencil in your bag and sketch, draw or write. Revive your long lost sense of poetry and artistic character, and let mother nature help you to do just that.
4. Renovate or redesign your room. If you want to keep yourself in style, get into the mood by keeping your room in check. Cleaning up is the first step to having a more inviting room but itís worth the hard work that youíll be putting in. Get rid of all your junk, or better yet, sell them. CDs, clothes, books and items that you no longer need can go straight to your garage sale. Clean up all the mess, get rid of the clutter and youíll see that there are so many ways to redesign your room. The benefits will come in when you finish and youíll have this brand new attitude about your room.
5. Cook or bake for yourself or your family. Why donít you improve your cooking and baking skills? With or without a reason for an occasion or celebration, enhance your kitchen skills by trying out new recipes. Not only will you get self-fulfillment from being one of the persons who can cook in your family, you will also give those you love a wonderful treat. Go for food that gives you both delicious and healthy options.
6. Walk to the park or jog around the neighborhood. Bring along your ipod, wear your trustworthy sneakers and your trendy jogging outfit. Get inspiration and encouragement by what you see around you. Observe your neighborhood - what are people up to? What are they doing? Are there new activities around? Youíll be surprised that this relaxing activity may give you some good ideas you could even use at work.
7. Go to a spa. Now does this even have to be mentioned? You can go for the usual full body massage, but you may also opt to get the body scrub, foot scrub and exfoliation package once a month. To feel even better, try having a facial to get your face cleaned up from dirt it has accumulated from environmental pollution, because sometimes washing your face just isnít enough.
8. Go to a hair parlor. You do not necessarily need to change your hairstyle, but get your hair trimmed regularly to ensure that it grows gorgeously. You may also avail of hair treatment methods that will help you look great and make you feel better too, just like some hair spa treatments that have relaxing effects on your head and scalp.
Like what they say, successful people are in control of their lives. As you step up your professional ladder, revisit your home, your plans and your life. Look at the things youíve been having and the things that youíve been missing. See if your life goals are in tune with the activities youíre doing everyday. Your sense of happiness does not come in the accomplishment of one important activity, it also comes from being able to do the little things you enjoy - with your own, personal style.
|Posted on January 10, 2011, 4:59 pm|