Sensible Steps for Healthier Skin
Having healthy, glowing and blemish-free is skin is indeed priceless. Nothing beats having perfect skin especially when it comes to wearing skin-baring outfits. Great skin can build confidence and self-esteem. This is why multi-million dollar businesses, from drug-store variety products to cosmetic surgery, are built to make skin look as young and flawless as possible. While these can make your skin look better, it would not work as well if you do not maintain a regular skin care regimen. Patience and discipline is the key to achieving camera-ready skin.
Some of the basic skin care tips that you should follow religiously are:
• Drink lots of water. Water makes your skin healthy, clean and moisturized. Eight or more glasses of water can contribute to delaying skin aging by flushing out harmful toxins.
• Do not forget to cleanse skin regularly, especially before you go to sleep. One of the skin crimes that a lot of us are guilty of is to sleep with our makeup on. Obviously, this is very bad for the skin. All the dirt and grime will clog your pores, which can result to nasty skin breakouts. As much as possible, skin should be cleansed 2-3 times a day, before and after putting on makeup. Use the right cleansing product for your skin type so you can clean your skin without irritating it. Do exfoliate your skin, but do not scrub too much or too often. Remember that your facial skin is very sensitive.
• Use sunscreen. This is probably one of the most important skin care tips that you will come across. The harmful rays of the sun will cause wrinkles, premature skin aging or worse, skin cancer. There are different kinds of sunscreen products in the market for all skin types. The good news is that a lot of cosmetics now have sunscreen in their ingredients.
• Get enough sleep and regular exercise. Lack of sleep is one of the strongest enemies of the skin. It can cause dark circles under your eyes, which will make you look tired and stressed. Regular exercise is essential for you to flush out toxins through your sweat. It can also promote good blood circulation, which can make your skin look healthier.
One of the most common skin problems is acne. Teenagers are usually the ones who suffer from pimples, but adults can also have acne too. There are many factors behind the onset of acne. Aside from hormonal imbalances, acne can also be a result of stress and genetics. Additional treatment and maintenance is needed to keep acne at bay. People with oily skin are the usual victims of acne. Oil blocks the pores, which traps the dirt inside the skin, causing acne. There are many skin care products in the market for the removal of acne. The type of product that you will buy will depend on the level of acne that you have. Usually, people who are prone to acne should use oil-free cleansers and cosmetics. Products with too much moisturizer should be avoided because it can make the skin oilier.
Some acne problems are too severe that they require medical treatment or even cosmetic surgery. If you are one of them, you should consult with a dermatologist before buying products. If your acne problems are only moderate, consider yourself lucky. There are lots of natural remedies which you can do to get rid of your skin imperfections. Natural remedies work best for people with sensitive skin, those who cannot stand commercial products because they are too strong for their skin.
Here are some of the natural skin care treatments you can follow:
• Rub a piece of lemon gently into your face. Do this for five minutes before you go to bed. Leave it on all night and wash it off as soon as you wake up in the morning. Use lukewarm water to wash off the juice. Do this routine three times a week.
• Apply crushed raw garlic on your scar and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water afterwards. Do this daily. You can also use paste from orange peels as substitute for garlic.
• Wash your face with a gentle facial wash. Afterwards, create a thin paste made of sandalwood powder and apply a small amount on the affected area. This will help lessen the inflammation of pimples. Leave on overnight and wash off with lukewarm water in the morning.
Aside from acne, one of the biggest skin care problems that we face is skin aging. Everyone wants young and supple-looking skin. We all strive to look younger than we actually are. The problem is that it is not as easy as it sounds. Stress and pollution can take its toll on our skin, making us look tired and old. Not all of us can afford to go to cosmetic surgeons for face lifts and Botox injections. The most that we can do is to make use of moderately-priced products to make your skin look younger. Actually, there are practical ways to avoid premature aging. Again, patience and discipline is essential in order to make these work.
• If you smoke, quit. Right now. Aside from giving you lung cancer and other respiratory diseases, smoking also unleashes hell on your skin. It makes your skin lose moisture, making it brittle and dry. Also, the repeated puffing and sucking motions will lead to lines around your mouth area later on. The nicotine will also stain your teeth big time.
• Go easy on the alcohol. If you can avoid drinking altogether, good, but most of need our drinks every now and then. A glass of wine or a bottle of beer would not hurt, as long as you do not make it a frequent habit. Alcohol can lessen the moisture of our skin, which can lead to premature aging.