The Japan based luxury Cosmetics Company has been around since 1872. Since its founding, it has become one of the most renowned companies, not only in Japan, but also the rest of the world. Shiseido, although most known for their cosmetics, also produces skincare and hair care products. The company also has several other brands and subsidiaries under its name.Shiseido Products
Shiseido has a wide range of products, which includes Skincare, Base Makeup, Color Makeup, Sun Care and Fragrances.
- Shiseido Skincare - Shiseido’s range of skincare products are categorized into different libes include Ultimate Experience, Age-targeting, Hydrating, Brightening, and Oil Control. Some of the top products found in this line include Future Solution X, Eudermine, and Pureness.
- Shiseido Base Makeup - Shiseido’s base makeup line contains foundations and concealers designed to create the ideal base for color makeup. Some of the makeup products found in this line include liquid foundation, powdery foundation, cream foundation, solid emulsion foundation, makeup base, concealer, and creamy compact foundation.
- Shiseido Color Makeup - Shiseido’s makeup line is noted for its formulation and for its rich pigmentation. Color makeup products in this Shiseido include lipsticks, eye shadows, eye liners, mascara, blush, and powders. The line also includes makeup removers and accessories such as brushes and eyelash curlers.
- Shiseido Suncare - Aside from cosmetics, Shiseido also produces a line of suncare products that include skincare and base makeup items. Suncare products in this line include SPF enriched protection products, self-tanning products, and after sun products. Base makeup products include liquid, power and stick foundations.
- Shiseido Fragrances - Shiseido has a fragrance line for both men and women. Their women’s line is called ‘ZEN’ and their men’s line ‘ZEN for MEN’.
Shiseido products are one of the top selling beauty and cosmetics products in Japan and in the world. The brand boasts that their products have been created with the help of the latest technology. Shiseido also maintains its roots by continually producing classic items such as Eudermine and Pureness. Solution LX, although a relatively new product has become a favorite among Shiseido consumers.
Eudermine is one of Shiseido’s oldest and longest running brands. It is geared towards age defiance and the line has several products under its brand including Makeup Removers, Cleansing Foams, Lip Conditioners, Eye Revitalizing Gels, Tinted Moisture Protection, and more.
Pureness is another one of Shiseido most successful and longest running product line. It is geared towards oil control. Products under the Pureness line include the Pureness Deep Cleansing Foam, Pureness Refreshing Oil Free and Alcohol Free Spray, Pureness Matifying Compact Oil-Free and SPF 16, Pureness Anti-Shine Lotion, and Pureness Pore Minimizing Gel with Cooling Essence.
What Makes Shiseido Effective?
Shiseido products are a result of years of study. The science behind their products is strong and the brand. An example of the Science of Shiseido is their Future Selection LX. Aside from that, other Shiseido are also treated and formulated in the same scientific manner, which helps ensure that each item is the best that it can be. The brand also invests in making sure that the active ingredients they use in their products are able to provide their target consumers with results.
How to Use
Shiseido products should be used as directed by the manufacturer. Here, however, are some basic tips when using Shiseido skincare, and makeup products.
- Apply Shiseido products to clean, dry or moisturized skin
- Use only as much product as necessary
- Remove all color and base makeup from the face before going to bed
- All makeup and skincare products should be discarded and replaced when they are over a year old
- Use clean hands, brushes, and other applicators when putting on makeup and other skincare products
- When using different kinds of products together, it is best to first test the combination on the skin or the arm before applying it to the face.
Consumers who are concerned about developing an allergic reaction to any Shiseido items should first try out the product on their arms. If no reaction occurs within 24 hours, then they can start to use the product on their face for 48 hours. If within that time period no breakouts occur and other side effects occur, then continued use of the product is recommended. Some consumers who experience far serious symptoms such as difficulty of breathing, swelling of the face, mouth and tongue, should stop using the product and seek immediate help.
Shiseido has had a history of being well received by it consumers. Most of those who use the product rate it as excellent. The brand is celebrated for its makeup line and for its skincare products. Some of Shiseido top products include the classic Eudermine, also known as ‘The Skincare’, and Pureness. Future Solution LX is also a top selling product in the Shiseido line.
Shiseido is not without its flaws are there are a number of customers that have reported adverse effects, such as breakouts and rashes, when they used certain Shiseido products. Also, like most highly priced products, a lot of people are cautious about using Shiseido because it can be very expensive with items costing $100 or more.
Where to Buy
Shiseido products can be found in most beauty and cosmetics stores. Sephora carries the line so do most of health and beauty stores in the US and around the world. Asian retail stores also carry Shiseido. Consumers may also purchase their Shiseido from online. The products can be purchased from Amazon, Sephora Online, and other online beauty stores. The Shiseido Cosmetics website also lists stores where customers can purchase Shiseido products in the US.
|Posted on March 27, 2012, 3:38 pm|